The Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch is a faith-based organization that is committed to“Rescue, Redeem, and Restore” troubled teens in our community.
Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch is a local, nonprofit, faith-based organization that will serve Nevada’s at-risk youth. Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch brings a vision and message of hope. Everything we do is directed towards decreasing the gap between youth failing in relationships, in school, in the workplace, and in society, in order for them to anticipate and fulfill their dream of a vibrant, thriving, meaningful and successful future.
Our programs and services to vulnerable youth between the ages of 9 and 17, will take place in a loving, nurturing, directing, and correcting family and relational environment that reflects positive interaction and proper societal behaviors. We expect that they will desire to grow into productive compassionate self-respecting members of our community who walk in their God Given Value and potential. We expect our youth to be an inspiration to others.
What We Offer:
- Education: Accredited schooling on-site.
- Vocational Exploration: Construction trades, auto mechanics, computer technology, and more.
- Life/Relational Skills: Individual & group therapy, leadership training, self-governing programs, anger management, spiritual development, gang intervention, and home economics.
- Recreation: Camping, hiking, sports (indoor & outdoor) to include softball, basketball, flag football, soccer, ping pong, foosball, board games, puzzles.
- Future recreational activities: Horseback riding and low ropes course.
Nevada is in the TOP 5% of the country for teen suicide, teen drug use, teen homelessness, teen incarceration and teen pregnancy!
Too many of our youth are failing in relationships at home, in school, in the workplace, and in society. In our experience with juvenile detention – we realized that most of the youth wanted to change and have longed for things to be different. They just needed MORE help.
Meet the Co-founders, Marvin & Jan Neal:
Marvin (BS Social Work, UNR) has dedicated his adult life to serving Nevada’s at-risk youth. He has served as a Chaplain of our local juvenile detention center for over 25 years. Currently, he works with at-risk youth to help them establish proper reading levels. Marv’s own background is similar to many of the youth he encounters and he feels uniquely equipped to share the life-changing power of God with at-risk kids.
Jan has worked with both socially and economically disadvantaged youth as a vocational instructor. The youth under her influence have excelled in their endeavors.