SNTR is currently exploring the possibility of having on-site education utilizing the online education services provided through Washoe County School District. Certified teachers offer constant feedback with the student online. Further, tutors will also be available to assist students in their learning process.
Washoe County School District’s A+ program is a fully accredited online solution for students who need an alternative to the traditional classroom environment. It provides the following resources for its students, so that they can graduate and find success.
High Quality Courses – A+ Learning System offers dynamic, high quality courses that are 100% online for anytime, anywhere access for the students.
Certified Instruction – State-certified teachers are available through instant messaging, email, fax or telephone, from 6AM -8PM (PST) Monday through Friday.
Proven Technology – Its learning management system allows the student to learn and communicate with teachers easily and effectively in a safe, secure environment. We even provide up-to-date progress reports that can be made available to students and parents!
Constant Support – A+ Learning System’s customer support team and teaching assistants are available 24/7 for any questions the students might have. We want to provide the students with the tools they need to be a success!
Students will be exposed to vocational experiences as a ways and means of finding out their areas of interest. Exposure will be provided through on-site programs and field trips to actual job sites. Vocations may include:
- Auto Mechanics
- Computer basics
- Animal Husbandry
- Ranching experiences will incorporate the full aspect of caring for ranch animals including grooming, feeding, exercising, and training.
- Gardening: The youth will grow their own vegetables, flowers, and fruit.
Residents will be provided a wide range of recreational activities for both free time as well as structured physical and mental development. SNTR will offer a wide range of activities for students as a vital component of our treatment environment.
- Athletics will be available on the sports complex which will give the residents the opportunity to play baseball, soccer, basketball, cross country and more.
- Table Games will be made available to encourage positive interaction between the residents. Games will include Foosball, ping pong, air hockey, chess, checkers, backgammon, Yahtzee, dominoes, and other traditional board games.
- Ranching experiences will incorporate the full aspect of caring for ranch animals including cleaning, feeding and exercising.
- Equestrian program.
- Gardening will involve the planting, growing and caring for a vegetable and fruit gardens.
Rehabilitating youth requires more than incarceration and compliance with rules. Young offenders need to learn the skills that will encourage them to be responsible and accountable for their actions. Research indicates that for teens to be able to make positive decisions and take control of their lives, they must be taught basic social and life skills. Their rehabilitation can only be successful if others involved in the process provide effective intervention. SNTR’s approach is based on the restorative principles of accountability, responsibility and competency.
- Individual and group counseling will be provided by contracted, certified counselors.
- Leadership training will help each resident to take charge of various teams and programs. Staff will help show the student how to take the lead on each project and how to take the initiative and the responsibility for the project. Then they will be given the opportunity to pass this learning on to new students in the program.
- Self-governing programs will be implemented allowing the residents to take part in implementing the different rules of the Ranch.
- Anger Management will teach the students how to control their emotions and channel their energy in positive directions.
- We are a faith-based, Christian organization and will provide an opportunity for students to develop their personal spiritual awareness. Participation in the spiritual development program is strictly voluntary.