Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch will only be completed through your tax-deductible donations and with the help of volunteers.
Financial Needs: As the statistics indicate, there are teens in our communities that need a place to get away from the pressures of their peers and develop life skills. Our mission is to welcome these teens into the family at Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch. We know the Ranch is a BIG dream and will take determination, persistence, vision and faith. Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch is supported by the financial contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations, churches and organizations that desire to help teens. We need you to join us in building Sierra Nevada Teen Ranch so that we might make a difference in our teens and the world.
- Non-profit Articles of Incorporation & By Laws, and Certificate of Corporate Charter
- 501c3 tax exempt status: Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Tax exempt status: State of Nevada
- Land: 29 acres, completely undeveloped, in the Bedell Flat area just outside of Reno, NV
- Right of Way: Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Well & pump house: dug and built
- Fencing: surrounding the 29 acres
- Water Tank: 5,000 gallons
- Septic system
- Irrigation system: some in, some in the works
- Pond: 150×80 dug & developed for fire suppression, irrigation, and recreation
- Water rights: 4.5 acre ft.
- Planted trees: 50 evergreen, thriving
- Manufactured Home: 2800 sq. ft., 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Garage: 200 sq. ft. insulated
- Electricity and Gas: installed solar system with battery and generator backup
- Propane tank: 500 gallons
- Washoe County: Certificate of Occupancy
- Downtown offices: 5000 sq. ft. for youth activities, meetings, and offices
- Vehicles: Tractor, mule, work truck, 5th wheel (used during construction phases)